Call for Tutorials
The 29th IEEE International Symposium on Intelligent Vehicles, IV 2023 will be held in Anchorage, Alaska, USA during the period June 4-7, 2023. The IEEE IV 2023 is the world’s largest and most comprehensive technical conference focused on intelligent vehicles. The IEEE IV 2023 Tutorial Chairs are seeking tutorial proposals in all aspects of the IV themes. Tutorials at IEEE IV 2023 will be ½ day (i.e., 3 hours) or a full day (i.e., 6 hours) each in both morning and afternoon sessions.
Required Proposal Information
Each proposal must include the following information:
- Duration: half day (3 hours) or full day (6 hours)
- Presenters: Names, affiliation, contact information (email and mailing address), and short bio for each presenter.
- Description: A description of the tutorial topic, providing a sense of both the scope and depth of the tutorial, along with a tutorial outline.
- Expected audience: Include the background of audience and expected number of attendees.
- Recent publications: List recent publications related to the tutorial topic from the speakers in the past 3 years.
- Relevance: Address the importance and timeliness of the proposal, and its relevance to researchers and engineers.
- Previous editions: If the tutorial was given before, describe when and where it was given, and if and how it will be modified for IEEE IV 2020 – IEEE IV 2022. If possible, provide a link to slides of the previous tutorial presentation.
- Presentation material: If a draft of the tutorial material (to be distributed to tutorial participants) is available that can aid in assessing the proposal and enable the committee to provide more constructive suggestions for the content.
Proposals will be reviewed by the Tutorial Committee using the following criteria:
- Timeliness of the proposal: Importance of the topic in 2023 and relevance to IEEE IV
- Quality of the proposal: State-of-the art coverage of the topic, coherence, and experience of the speakers
- Spectrum of the proposal: Topic is of broad interest to academia and/or industry, researchers and/or practicing engineers.
- Accessibility of presentation material: Presentation can be understood by the broad IEEE IV audience including graduate students, practicing engineers, researchers and professors
Please submit your proposal with the requested information as a single .pdf file via email to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tutorial Proposal Deadline: November 15, 2022
- Tutorial Proposal Acceptance Notification: November 22, 2022
Organizers Responsibilities After Proposal Acceptance
In submitting a proposal, tutorial organizers are committing to identifying and inviting authors, following the aforementioned deadlines to ensure timely submissions and timely publication, and assigning necessary associate editors/reviewers in advance of the submission deadlines. Furthermore, they will provide a link to the tutorial website to refer to in the call for papers.
For any inquiries concerning IV’23 tutorials, please send an email to email@example.com